Improper lighting at the event raises concerns about safety measures
Yuga Labs' ApeFest event in Hong Kong has been marred by reports of attendees experiencing extreme eye pain, vision problems, and burns. The cause of these symptoms is believed to be improper lighting used during the event. This incident has raised concerns about the safety measures in place at such events.
Several attendees of the ApeFest event have reported experiencing severe eye pain, impaired vision, and even burns. These symptoms have been attributed to the lighting used at the event. At least 15 reports of vision damage have appeared on social media, with some attendees even seeking medical attention.
The symptoms reported by the attendees align with a condition known as photokeratitis. This condition is caused by prolonged exposure to high levels of UV radiation. It is believed that the attendees who were in close proximity to the stage lighting were the most affected.
This is not the first time such an incident has occurred at an event in Hong Kong. A similar incident happened in 2017, raising questions about the safety measures in place at such events.
Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC), the organizers of the event, have been reaching out to the affected individuals and advising them to seek medical attention. However, the incident has raised concerns about the safety measures in place at such events and the potential risks posed by improper lighting.
This incident serves as a reminder of the importance of proper safety measures at events. Organizers need to ensure that the lighting and other equipment used do not pose a risk to attendees. Attendees, on the other hand, should be aware of the potential risks and take necessary precautions.
Those who have experienced symptoms similar to those reported by the ApeFest attendees should seek immediate medical attention. Photokeratitis, if left untreated, can lead to permanent vision damage.